There is much talk about cloud services and it´s predicted an explosive development where much of the internally running IT in the organization will be run in the cloud.
However there are questions that remains to be addressed before one moves to Cloud services:
- Legal requirements when data / information is stored in a Cloud service
- Data migration and import into the Cloud service
- Safety related services and support services
- Immaterial rights
- Performance and tuning (service levels, latency sensitivity, bandwidth requirements)
- Liability Limitations and dispute resolution
- Economic aspects, total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Independent strategic guidance
- Project management and implementation (Transition)
- Application Management
- Management of supplier contracts and contract renewal
- What standards are followed
- Exit strategy (way out of the cloud service)
In addition the GDPR regulation needs to be taken into account, which will affect all cloud services to some extent. The regulation places heavy demands on IT security and personal data processing processes.
Embrasser´s senior consultants have expertise in feasibility work, strategic consulting, project management, procurement, technology and information transfer, implementation, operation and management.
Please contact us for advice and guidance in order to avoid surprises and to succeed with your cloud strategy.